Why do people love WhatsApp on their computers. Well we had some fun!
Whatsapp is one of the most remarkable applications that everyone should have on their mobile phones. here are just a few reasons why WhatsApp Messenger is great on mobile phones. But this is what we came up with a few days after testing the install of WhatsApp PC. The features listed are as per WhatsApp.com so we added a few notes.
* NO Messaging costs: WhatsApp uses your Internet connection: 3G/EDGE or Wi-Fi when available to messege people. Also there is no additional international charge when using whatsapp. It happened my wife was in India and it was great chatting to her on her phone using WhatsApp. I was using my PC and she was using her BlackBerry. Sometimes Skype is not available.
* Send Video, Images, and Voice notes to your friends and contacts. Well in our office we did a few stupid stuff. We sent videos and MP3 files to one another. We were merely testing if this can actually be used as a PC business application. We will do a full article on this.
* Chat in Groups, Now supporting up to 15 contacts at one time. Now we don’t work with 15 and more people in our offices. So we decided to have a group meeting. Each person at their own desk. it was hilarious as a group chat and nothing was achieved. Slow typer’s didn’t say much for some reason. Other than that a two way conversation was impossible. its group chat so what’s the point.
* No More BB Pins and Usernames: Well Blackberry Pins and usernames on things like Skype isn’t that great. But there are two versions here. One being the no more pins or usernames, WhatsApp auto detects your contacts and can check if they have WhatsApp installed. If they do it auto connects you. No with our BlueStacks install you need to add contacts manually at this point.
- One Tick indicates that your message is delivered to the server.
- Double Tick indicated is delivered to the device of the chat partner. However, it does not mean that it was read by your chat partner.
These were a few of the features we tried out when we had WhatsApp installed on our PC’s. As a matter of fact I still have my own private number on my PC and using WhatsApp.
Like this – Then Share it!
Another issue has come to light about people running WhatsApp on their computers. We are fairly confident that their issue with the false positive for WhatsApp is incorrect. Most computers today need antivirus software of some sort. High end manufacturers like HP pre-install norton Antivirus and other might install Sophos. The pre-installed visions of the antivirus is only a 30 day trial. After that you will need to pay for the antivirus. Another Issue is discussed here about a computer freezing see the post.
Now getting back to our point of getting false positives on WhatsApp Messenger. I have had a website visitor very disgruntled when their antivirus went nuts. Naturally we test the guides on installing software onto computers. Thus I was rather freaked out myself, we publically post these guides tested and working with no viruses or Trojans.
I offered to Skype the person to help resolve the issue of WhatsApp install being a virus. It became very apparent that something was amiss here. The first question I asked was. How did you install it. Have you uninstalled WhatsApp using YouWave or BlueStacks?
They said it happened after they installed WhatsAppforPC.exe they downloaded. I asked promptly if this was a guide you followed by us or someone else. The user said they read our guide and thought we had made a mistake. They Googled WhatsApp APK and got to WhatsAppforPC.exe. They thought this is a short cut.
Notes on WhatsApp for PC:
- WhatsApp inc does not support a PC version
- Our Versions and other versions from reputable websites are “hacks” or a work around getting whatsapp to work on home computers.
- Always download anything official from WhatsApp.com like the WhatsApp APK
- Download YouWave form here and BlueStacks from here only!
Tips on preventing being caught:
- Stay away from torrent sites
- Stay away from quick fixes or “All in One Installer”
- If it sounds too good to be true, it is. To our knowledge there is no one click install for WhatsApp.
- Use your head when downloading and installing any type of software.
So I continued to help this person get rid of the problem even though it was not our fault. Also we express this software is not officially supported for PC. So any guide or workaround is still at your own risk. If you really need WhatsApp on your PC. Keep popping in we will be doing more updates soon.
Do you like this Why not Share it / Tweet it or Google + it