Another issue has come to light about people running WhatsApp on their computers. We are fairly confident that their issue with the false positive for WhatsApp is incorrect. Most computers today need antivirus software of some sort. High end manufacturers like HP pre-install norton Antivirus and other might install Sophos. The pre-installed visions of the antivirus is only a 30 day trial. After that you will need to pay for the antivirus. Another Issue is discussed here about a computer freezing see the post.
Now getting back to our point of getting false positives on WhatsApp Messenger. I have had a website visitor very disgruntled when their antivirus went nuts. Naturally we test the guides on installing software onto computers. Thus I was rather freaked out myself, we publically post these guides tested and working with no viruses or Trojans.
I offered to Skype the person to help resolve the issue of WhatsApp install being a virus. It became very apparent that something was amiss here. The first question I asked was. How did you install it. Have you uninstalled WhatsApp using YouWave or BlueStacks?
They said it happened after they installed WhatsAppforPC.exe they downloaded. I asked promptly if this was a guide you followed by us or someone else. The user said they read our guide and thought we had made a mistake. They Googled WhatsApp APK and got to WhatsAppforPC.exe. They thought this is a short cut.
Notes on WhatsApp for PC:
- WhatsApp inc does not support a PC version
- Our Versions and other versions from reputable websites are “hacks” or a work around getting whatsapp to work on home computers.
- Always download anything official from WhatsApp.com like the WhatsApp APK
- Download YouWave form here and BlueStacks from here only!
Tips on preventing being caught:
- Stay away from torrent sites
- Stay away from quick fixes or “All in One Installer”
- If it sounds too good to be true, it is. To our knowledge there is no one click install for WhatsApp.
- Use your head when downloading and installing any type of software.
So I continued to help this person get rid of the problem even though it was not our fault. Also we express this software is not officially supported for PC. So any guide or workaround is still at your own risk. If you really need WhatsApp on your PC. Keep popping in we will be doing more updates soon.
Do you like this Why not Share it / Tweet it or Google + it