Why do people love WhatsApp on their computers. Well we had some fun!
Whatsapp is one of the most remarkable applications that everyone should have on their mobile phones. here are just a few reasons why WhatsApp Messenger is great on mobile phones. But this is what we came up with a few days after testing the install of WhatsApp PC. The features listed are as per WhatsApp.com so we added a few notes.
* NO Messaging costs: WhatsApp uses your Internet connection: 3G/EDGE or Wi-Fi when available to messege people. Also there is no additional international charge when using whatsapp. It happened my wife was in India and it was great chatting to her on her phone using WhatsApp. I was using my PC and she was using her BlackBerry. Sometimes Skype is not available.
* Send Video, Images, and Voice notes to your friends and contacts. Well in our office we did a few stupid stuff. We sent videos and MP3 files to one another. We were merely testing if this can actually be used as a PC business application. We will do a full article on this.
* Chat in Groups, Now supporting up to 15 contacts at one time. Now we don’t work with 15 and more people in our offices. So we decided to have a group meeting. Each person at their own desk. it was hilarious as a group chat and nothing was achieved. Slow typer’s didn’t say much for some reason. Other than that a two way conversation was impossible. its group chat so what’s the point.
* No More BB Pins and Usernames: Well Blackberry Pins and usernames on things like Skype isn’t that great. But there are two versions here. One being the no more pins or usernames, WhatsApp auto detects your contacts and can check if they have WhatsApp installed. If they do it auto connects you. No with our BlueStacks install you need to add contacts manually at this point.
- One Tick indicates that your message is delivered to the server.
- Double Tick indicated is delivered to the device of the chat partner. However, it does not mean that it was read by your chat partner.
These were a few of the features we tried out when we had WhatsApp installed on our PC’s. As a matter of fact I still have my own private number on my PC and using WhatsApp.
Like this – Then Share it!